Recipe: Endive Salad with Walnuts and Blue Cheese
Endive is a type of leafy vegetable that is often used in salads. It has a slightly bitter taste that pairs well with sweet or tangy flavors. In this recipe, we’ll be making a simple endive salad with walnuts and blue cheese that’s perfect as a side dish or light lunch.
- 4 heads of endive
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the endive heads. Cut off the stem ends and separate the leaves.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon mustard, and olive oil to make the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the endive leaves in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the leaves and toss to coat.
- Add the chopped walnuts and crumbled blue cheese to the bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve the salad immediately or store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- If you don’t like blue cheese, you can substitute it with feta cheese or goat cheese.
- To make the salad more filling, add some sliced chicken breast or avocado.
- For a sweeter salad, add some dried cranberries or sliced apples.
Serving size: 1/4 of the recipe
Calories: 311 Fat: 27g Saturated fat: 6g Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 439mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 7g Protein: 9g
Endive is a great source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, folate, and potassium. It’s also low in calories and high in fiber, making it a great addition to any diet. The walnuts in this recipe provide healthy fats and protein, while the blue cheese adds a rich and tangy flavor.
This endive salad with walnuts and blue cheese is easy to make and full of flavor. It’s a great way to add more vegetables to your diet and impress your guests at the same time. Try it out and let us know what you think!